SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Saturday, June 26, 2021

BACK TO THE WORLD OF MAKING WINE FROM THE HEDGEROWS

 MAKING WINE AT HOME FROM GARDEN SHRUB BLOSSOM - TOPICAL AND SEASONAL WINES 

For many years, as a keen cook and winemaker, I enjoyed experimenting with recipes I'd collected over decades and made good use of them by writing for three years that lovely journal The Home Farmer Magazine. Alas, this journal stopped production a year or so ago, but I still continue to ferment whatever is available in the garden, allotment or picked from the hedgerows.

Well - the demijohns have been dug out of the garden shed, are sterilised and are ready to receive the current glut of elderflowers (when it stops raining).

It's odd to think that my long held hobby led me into writing articles for the Essex Courier, The Winemaker, and other countryside magazines, even Weekend Telegraph.  Fascinating Fermentations was my first weekly column, which led to many other interesting journals, but how lucky am I that I retain many of my earlier readers who followed me over twenty years ago.  

Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/brewshop

Some of my wine recipes can be seen at www.LiveUrbanLoveRural.com

 

No comments:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home