SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

OFF WE GO TO HALLOWEEN PARTIES

 

HALLOWEEN FUN - THAT TIME AGAIN!

As a gardener, we are not surrounded by pumpkins this year, but still enough to do a little carving and I have a beautiful little pumpkin grown by Sally Kent which will soon end up in a delicious pie.

Our local Barleylands Farm Shop at Great Burstead is a wonderful fairyland of pumpkins, huge specimens, all ready to carve out some fabulous faces.

Currently, the kitchen is full of onions, apples and other locally picked fruit and veg for my preserving pan and I'm using my own recipes (which were published in The Telegraph book). I don't use pumpkin for my home-made wines - have tried it many years ago, but hardly worth the work involved. Maybe some of my readers have had more success? Do let me know? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home