SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Monday, March 20, 2023

THE GARDENING SEASON IS APPROACHING, SO LOOKING AHEAD TO RHS CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW

As a 'regular' in times' past, I am looking forward to visiting Chelsea Flower Show again this year when I return to London in May. First stop was always at the Royal Hospital in Chelsea to visit my super pensioner friends who lived there (for a cup of tea before some of them made their way into the gardens). Always received a warm welcome and a wave (from the late James Reddell) from Brentwood in Essex. 

 



  You can never anticipate just who you will meet there.  Here are a few well-known faces who share England's most popular pastime.  Friendly people, gorgeous plants and a wonderful time for people who just love their gardens.






Didn't realise that Cliff was a keen gardener. Lovely to meet him and dozens of other favourites that day.  Also happy to share a glass of wine with one of my favourite actors Helena Bonham Carter and her super mother.  Notice they are holding one of my SWWJ journals.  Was hoping one, or both, were able to join us at Stationer's Hall that particular year for one of our special anniversaries.  


All images are my own family copyright.  Have a few hundred others in my collection. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home