SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

REMEMBERING DAME VERA LYNN AND OUR OLD TOWN - BARKING & DAGENHAM FROM OLD PHOTOGRAPHS


Yesterday's memorial service at Westminster Abbey for Dame Vera Lynn brought back recollections of this lovely lady's kindness to me when I was researching my book Barking & Dagenham from Old Photographs in 2013. 

I needed more photographs to illustrate the page I had saved to outline her life and work and this busy lady wrote to me allowing me to use some of her personal stories and photographs.  Not only did she take time to send these to me, but also phoned to make sure her package had arrived safely. I will always remember her. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home