SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY TO MY IRISH FRIENDS EVERYWHERE

 

St Patrick

We're wearing green today to celebrate this special day with our Irish friends.  It wasn't so long ago, obviously before covid, when we organised a Brentwood-based gathering for the introduction of our friends Heather Reyes and Malcolm Burgess' excellent book city-pick DUBLIN.  

We maybe even drink their health with a glass of Guinness.


SEAMUS HEANEY - MY FAVOURITE POET AND HOW I BECAME A 'HEANEY-BOPPER!'


I was sad to hear the passing of my favorite Irish poet Seamus Heaney.  My blog followers have already read this piece when I met the poet in London the year before he died. He and I were leaving King's Place and I told him how much I had enjoyed the evening's performance.  He grinned and seemed pleased - saying "thank you very much - glad that you liked my choice of poems." Then off he was whisked by his minders out into the raining night, and I realised I had turned into a Heaneybopper! Still read his poems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home