SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Friday, December 04, 2020

HELEN OXENBURY AND HER ILLUSTRATIONS

 How fortunate I've been in my work of interviewing hundreds of the world's most creative people working in music,art and entertainment.  Invitations to the annual seminars in London and south east (Essex Book Festivals) have brought me in touch with many of my favourite folk (see my earlier blog postings over the last  fifteen years)

Currently, on BBC Radio Four, Desert Island Discs I'm listening to Helen Oxenbury whom I met at the London Book Fair some years back and bought some of her beautifully illustrated books (published by Walker Books) mainly linked to children's reading. What a great pleasure to listen to this fascinating lady's life and times, with an added bonus of catching up with Erroll Garner's Lullaby of Birdland as one of Helen's eight musical choices.  A little bit of my favourite modern jazz on a cold Friday morning has been so uplifting!  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home