SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Thursday, June 18, 2020

DAME VERA LYNN'S PASSING TODAY AND MY THANKS TO SUCH A SPECIAL LADY

Vera's special photo reproduced in my book page 90 
So very sad today to hear the news of a great lady's passing. Dame Vera was so very sweet to me when I was researching her early days when she her family had lived in my area.

My book of that year 2014 BARKING & DAGENHAM FROM OLD PHOTOGRAPHS brought me in touch with this very special lady and so many other household names, all of whom showed their kindness in allowing me the use of their precious photographs for my book. Dame Vera made sure that I had safely received her package by giving me a call. She also wrote to me supplying memories of living in Upton Lane in Barking, so close to where I was living in my early days.  She was familiar with St Margaret's church where I was married. 


St Margaret's Church Barking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home