SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Monday, December 30, 2019

"QUOTE... UNQUOTE" BBC RADIO 4 SHOW

Sir Tim Rice
End of the year and time for reflection. I found it interesting to be asked questions (by another journalist) about my favourite radio shows that I've taken part in over the last decade. As a dedicated radio addict, I spend time - while writing all day in my tiny office - listening to my favourite radio programmes.  These emanate from a wide range of wireless services which include BBC World Service, BBC RADIO 4, BBC ESSEX, LBC and PHOENIX FM, from which our favourite presenter, Michelle Ward, invites yours truly and a whole host of Essex writers, journalists, artists, actors and anyone linked to the written word, into her studio to tell the world about their current projects.  Love it when people I know - connected with our famous Society of Women Writers and Journalists (still celebrating our 125 years' existence) - are broadcasting. So many luminaries pop up (you will find out more at www.swwj.co.uk). 



Currently listening to QUOTE UNQUOTE ON BBC RADIO 4 in which one of our SWWJ Patrons Sir Tim Rice, is currently taking part. He kindly sent me a copy of his autobiography OH, WHAT A CIRCUS! (Hodder & Stoughton) after I had interviewed his mother, Joan (who served on our Council for so many years) when researching material for my book THE WOMAN  WRITER, published by the History Press just ten years ago. 


Over the Christmas weekend, Floella, Lady Benjamin, our famous president, appeared in the New Year Honours List with news that she is now a Dame. A lovely lady and the honour is well-deserved. Congratulations!  

www.sylviakent.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home