SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Saturday, December 14, 2019

MEETING THE HISTORY LOVERS OF ESSEX

Brentwood Roman Catholic Cathedral

Now that my latest book BRENTWOOD IN 50 BUILDINGS has been published by AMBERLEY PUBLISHING in Stroud, Gloucestershire, I have been asked to sign copies of my book in Essex bookshops.  It has been fun to meet folk who love a little history and nostalgia and learn about each of those buildings which have their own fascinating story.  Some structures date back to the 13th century, others from the 20th, and I have included a  lot  of timber-framed buildings which still stand after centuries.  Oh, if only walls could speak, what stories they could tell, but I have done second best and researched the families and people who lived and loved within, and I've discovered some pretty interesting tales!  Some of the content will be included in my regular on-line column for www.enjoybrentwoodmore.com with more tales on Phoenix 98fm in the New Year. 
St Thomas' Chapel ruins - built 1221



Pepperell House at 44 High Street
New friend James 



Stone House, Brook Street
An image of Brentwood Assizes before the old Town Hall was built in High Street







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home