SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Friday, August 09, 2019

MY LATEST BOOK APPRECIATING BRENTWOOD'S LOVELY BUILDINGS

Thorndon Hall - built in 1764 and now upmarket apartments
The beautiful Parish church of Great Warley circa 1906 dedicated to St Mary the Virgin
So happy to finish writing my latest book - number twelve. From hundreds of fabulous local buildings, many of them listed, my task was to choose just fifty. This current title BRENTWOOD IN 50 BUILDINGS is due for release next month. It was fascinating to retrace my steps to places where I had lived and worked and it was also great to catch up with some of my colleagues who still live and work in Brentwood and surrounds. So very grateful for their kindness in allowing me to use their own precious family photographs and show me around their offices, homes and some beautiful buildings so that I could take my own photographs.

Loved the way this building lives on in Brentwood (see below)


Captain Charles  Fair outside Brentwood Fire Station

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home