SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Sunday, March 24, 2019

SPRING EQUINOX CELEBRATIONS - NEW YORK READERS

Although not a poet - I raise a toast to the vernal equinox (20 March) edition of Open Book on BBC Radio 4 with a super collection of poetry read by some of my favourite 'voices', one of which is actor Juliet Stevenson (film Truly, Madley, Deeply). Some of the members of our Society of Women Writers & Journalists are published poets and
I can appreciate the work of some of our award-winning members who write wonderful verse.Juliet won't remember me, but we chatted together many years ago (I think it was about the environment) waiting to be served at a publicity lunch event in London. Juliet's voice is fabulous and she is certainly one of the best loved voices on our BBC Radio.  Incidentally, Juliet has been added to my list of one hundred fabulous Essex Girls - yep, she really is!  

Juliet Stevenson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home