SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Thursday, July 19, 2018

MY FAVOURITE COMPOSER RALPH VAUGHAN WILLIAMS AND THE STORY OF HIS TRIP TO ESSEX

The young RVW (courtesy of the Vaughan Williams Society)
Even after so many years of writing features for my favourite
magazines, it's always super to see my words published on the page of the county's most popular journal.  With the 60th anniversary of the passing of that wonderful composer Ralph Vaughan Williams, and listening to his music on Classic FM Radio, I simply had to write about this composer's time in a little town - where I lived for most of my life - in Essex so many years ago.  My story can be found on page 102 with more images of the great man and his music.   Incidentally, I have been contributing features to Essex Life (previously Essex Countryside) for almost 25 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home