SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A FOND FAREWELL TO A SPECIAL FRIEND AND COLLEAGUE - BRIAN LYNCH


Columnists Brian Lynch, Sylvia Kent and Editor Nev Wilson
So very sad to learn of the death of my old friend and colleague, Brian Lynch. My personal connection goes back more than thirty years when he was editor of a local Brentwood-based newspaper. I've had dozens of editors, but none like Brian who was always a joy to talk to and someone who, like me, loved words and their derivation. 
 
Brian wrote thousands of words for several newspapers including the Brentwood Gazette under his Lynch Lines columns and turned later to write books, poetry and humour.  He was kind enough to contribute a couple of chapters to some of my early books, and again, I was so grateful for his funny take on life. He gave our local Writers' Circle some interesting talks and I have never met any journalist who didn't have a soft spot for 'our Brian'.  We shall all miss this lovely man and send our condolences to Elizabeth and Brian's family. 

 

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home