SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

BACK TO BBC ESSEX AND MEETING OLD (AND NEW) FRIENDS

Gaelan Connolly Producer at BBC Essex
Trust me to visit BBC Essex today while their new studio is being built. But no problem, as it was 'business as usual' and a super warm welcome from BBC Producer Gaelan Connolly and the lovely presenter Steve Scruton. It was Steve  who interviewed me for my very first book way back in 2001 (TEA @ THREE) and several times thereafter, but today we were talking about my tenth book BARKING & DAGENHAM FROM OLD PHOTOGRAPHS. My publisher this time is Amberley in Stroud.

A great surprise was that Steve also originated from Dagenham and was familiar with many of the people and places that I have chosen for inclusion in this new book (which took me two years to complete). Eventually, with some kind support from the Barking & Dagenham Post and Brentwood Gazette, readers supplied many of the images.

Today, even before I reached home, I had received many messages on my tablet and emails from people who had also grown up in the area. Same story at tonight's Billericay Society meeting. I will reply to each and every one when I get through my current deadline and will run off some of the photos requested and email them.  Hope to meet Tony Fisher regular BBC Essex presenter and invite him and Steve Scruton to our Brentwood Writers' Circle one day. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home