SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Saturday, October 08, 2011

TOP GARDENERS WENDY AND KEITH PETTY'S GREAT PUMPKINS

Wendy and Keith Petty in their allotment with their Atlantic Giants
Just received this lovely snap of award winning gardeners,  Keith and Wendy Petty, whose pumpkins are perfect and win lots of prizes at the Guild of Gardeners and Hort Soc Socities.   I'm just collecting background material to write a feature about them.  One thing I always remember, when I visited their allotment, that Keith recommends planting the seed on 7 May. Who knows, I might even receive a little one to make some pumpkin pie and soup (my speciality published in The Weekend Telegraph), so do admire them in this photo -  in all their glory!!! Check out http://www.liveurbanloverural.com/.  Great website which I will add to fairly soon via Rachel Bull, the editor.  Here is another pumpkin grower, the super 'Green Queen' Piper Terrett, and a nice slice of pumpkin pie (little brandy in the sauce).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to say thank you for posting this photo. Although 12 years have passed and it might seem strange, it’s Mums ( Wendy Petty) birthday tomorrow. Mum would have been 78 years old. Sadly she died on 7th November 2022. Seeing this beautiful photo has brought comfort on the eve of a difficult day. The power of the internet I guess.

6:51 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home