SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Monday, October 18, 2010

Ørjan Nilsson's visit to England



Brentwood folk welcomed the Norwegian journalist, Ørjan Nilsson last Saturday who paid a flying visit whilst in England. He had heard many unfair stories about 'Boring Brentwood' and I simply had to change his mind about this ancient town.

I took him on a whistle-stop trip around the town showing him evidence of amazing history and some notable residents, including John Fryer, Museum curator and various other well known folk. Both Ørjan and I enjoyed being interviewed by Phoenix FM radio presenter, Alan Johnson who is the favourite presenter of the Saturday morning show. Although Ørjan had come to interview us, I managed to get a full set of pics and learnt about life in his home town of Bergen. With thanks to Brentwood Weekly News for permission to publish my column.

Labels: