SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

MARIA BRANYAS MORERA THE WORLD'S OLDEST LIVING WOMAN - A FASCINATING LIFE STORY



During a recent radio programme I was asked what I was currently researching for a commissioned magazine feature. Well, as health and exercise are high on my list, I began researching some of our supersonic women writers, many in the past, who had reached their centenary and  were still writing books, features and poetry.  Once on the trail, a number of fellow writers have made contact, and eventually the resulting work will be published.  
One of my heroines is Maria Branyas Morera who, at the moment, is the oldest living person we know of in the world,  having reached her 117th birthday a few weeks ago on and now famously listed in the Guinness Book of World Records. Now that I am studying the topic of longevity - especially linked to women's lives -  I am obviously concentrating on this interesting Spanish lady and other Europeans of similar age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home