SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Saturday, March 09, 2024

CERTAINLY A YEAR FOR ANNIVERSARIES - MANY MORE TO COME - METHODIST CHURCH, BILLERICAY

Billericay Methodist Church 2024


Didn't I mention last autumn how many anniversary celebrations were being planned for this year?!  

Well, since l January, we have enjoyed a couple of anniversaries already, and Sunday's centenary of Billericay's Methodist Church was lovely and such a pleasure to meet lots of old friends in this super little town. I took along one of my earliest books written over twenty years ago (and still selling), where I outline (among numerous stories of people I've interviewed), the history of the town's Methodist Church, how it was started, by whom, and with lots of photographs of some of the town's earliest inhabitants. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home