SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Friday, January 05, 2024

HOMAGE TO FILM ACTOR GLYNIS JOHNS WHOM I MET MANY YEARS AGO IN LONDON

 

So sad to learn of the passing today of one of  my favourite film actors, Glynis Johns, who celebrated her 100th birthday on 5 October last year.  I met Glynis in London in the late 1950s when I worked for Colgate-Palmolive Inc (her husband (David Foster) was the president of the company) and I have now included her in the draft of my new book. 

Glynis was born in South Africa to another favourite actor of mine, her father, Mervyn Johns. Many films starring Glynis and Mervyn can be seen on  the Talking Pictures Archive film and Television Channel that celebrates classic British film and TV movies - Freeview 82

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home