SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Monday, January 08, 2024

MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH OUR HIGH STREET BOOKSHOPS

Credit: Ross Earney, Waterstones Store Brentwood
It's not only keen readers you'll find lurking in bookshops these days, but often an author or two who wrote some of the books displayed, including me, who  enjoys visiting Waterstones, WH Smith and some independent bookshops in our High Street  to talk to the managers and friendly staff who often invite me to sign my books. 

Authors love seeing their books displayed in their relevant sections on the shelves. The only problem sometimes - only occasionally though - is that they are not filed in their appropriate genre.  For instance, I found my latest title 'Brentwood in 50 Buildings' (which is an historical tome all about the background of my favourite buildings in this town), was filed in the architectual section of one of the city's large bookshop.  Never mind - at least it's available there and I have signed said book.

Just a few of my 13 published books

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home