SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

LET'S FLY TO THE MOON WITH JULES CASHFORD

On the occasion of the 50th anniversary on 20th July of those first Americans landing on the moon, we have seen weeks of newspaper-filled features on this momentous event.  I am still engrossed in reading the superbly researched and written book by Jules Cashford in 2004 and learnt much about that orb in the sky at night. Now I am also reading reports on this amazing piece of history and have just come across the astronaut Buzz Aldrin's articles following the death in 2012 of his Apollo 11 colleague, Neil Armstrong, Aldrin said that he was "deeply saddened by the passing ... I know I am joined by many millions of others from around the world in mourning the passing of a true American hero and the best pilot I ever knew ... I had truly hoped that on July 20th, 2019, Neil, Mike and I would be standing together to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of our moon landing."  

So, upwards and onwards in my study of lunar landings and more reading about the moon and what exciting exploration awaits mankind.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home