SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

AUTUMN JOY IN THE GARDEN


Autumn is now well and truly here and fellow amateur winemakers are checking out the fruit still growing in the garden and allotments.  Some of this can easily be turned into your own organic wine.  I notice that my American and Russian readers seem more inclined to follow this pastime which, for years during the '70s was a popular hobby in Britain.

For many years, I've been working on the best, fool-proof recipes and some of these little gems have been included in probably the very best glossy British self-sufficiency  magazine entitled HOME FARMER. The American winemakers of the world also use some of my winemaking recipes, too, it seems.  Of course, I enjoy seeing my own ramblings on the page, but must pay a tribute to Paul Melnyczuk and Ruth Tott and their editorial skills and beautiful photographs. Although I've worked with scores of magazine editors in the past, I love the way that my Home Farmer editors always send a draft layout before the mag is put to bed. Wish others were as professional.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home